Introduction: in 2019, China's economic development will face a more complex and severe environment. Especially since the second quarter, with the intensification of Sino US economic and trade relations, the growth of world economy and trade has slowed down simultaneously, the global economic slowdown has become more obvious, the external environment has become more complex, and the factors of uncertainty have gradually increased. In 2019, China's polyurethane industry is surging forward, and "major events" such as device accidents, group acquisitions, and new project production are emerging one after another. Let's review some hot news of polyurethane industry products (PO, polymerized MDI, AA, DMF, etc.).
Po (propylene oxide)
1. Birth of the first CHP process in China: it was announced on January 9, 2019 that the 120000 T / a domestic first CHP process propylene oxide plant of hongbaoli group Taixing Chemical Co., Ltd. has entered the trial production stage since mid November 2018, and the trial production of the project is smooth.
2. Shandong Zibo plans to add new hppo process units: on September 26, 2019, Zibo Ecological Environment Bureau accepted the "230000 T / a hydrogen peroxide and 150000 T / a propylene oxide project of Shandong Minxiang Chemical Technology Co., Ltd." and publicized the basic information of the environmental impact assessment documents of the construction project.
3. Shandong Binhua plans to add 300000 tons of PO / SM process units: on November 25, 2019, Shandong Binhua new materials Co., Ltd. plans to invest 12.6 billion yuan, including 600000 tons of PDH, 300000 tons of propylene oxide and 780000 tons of tert butyl alcohol.
4. LyondellBasell plans to build a 300000 ton PO / SM unit in China: on December 24, 2019, lyonbaser announced that it had signed a memorandum of understanding with Sinopec, and the two sides intend to establish a new joint venture to build the second propylene oxide / styrene unit in Ningbo. The joint venture company will be set up at a 50:50 share ratio. The new unit will continue to adopt leandbasser's advanced propylene oxide / styrene technology, which can produce 300000 tons of propylene oxide and 600000 tons of styrene each year. It is planned to start construction in early 2020, and is expected to be completed and put into operation in 2022. The products will be sold by the two parent companies on a pro rata basis.
1. Acquisition of Wanhua Chemical Group: on August 28, 2019, Wanhua chemical (600309. SH) announced that the buyer and the seller had signed the equity transfer agreement on August 25. Cornell chemical transferred 51% of Fujian Cornell's equity to Wanhua chemical at the price of RMB zero, and both parties completed the equity delivery within 30 working days from the date of signing the agreement. On the date of signing the agreement, the paid in capital contribution of Fujian kangnair's shareholders is zero yuan, and the book net assets is zero yuan. According to the announcement, on October 19, 2018, the 400000 T / a MDI project of Fujian Cornell Polyurethane Co., Ltd. has been approved by Fujian Provincial Development and Reform Commission. The basic information of the project is as follows: the total investment for the 400000 T / a MDI project of Fujian kangnair Polyurethane Co., Ltd. is 6601840000 yuan, including 5604.58 million yuan in the first phase. The project is divided into two phases. The first phase is a 400000 T / a MDI plant, and a supporting construction of 55000 T / a formaldehyde (based on 100wt% formaldehyde) and 100000 t / a ODC hydrochloric acid electrolysis unit (calculated by 100% Cl2). Nitroaniline / 0.27 million tons / year, 2-year construction. The land for the project is the industrial land planned by Jiangyin Industrial Concentration Zone, with a total area of 566434 m2. According to the announcement, Wanhua chemical will have a manufacturing base in Fujian by acquiring Fujian Cornell Polyurethane Co., Ltd., and plans to invest in the construction of MDI and its supporting devices to enhance the company's production capacity and optimize the MDI industrial layout.
AA (adipic acid)
1. Hualu Hengsheng plans to build 300000 tons of caprolactam project and new refined adipic acid upgrading project: on March 18, Hualu Hengsheng announced that the company plans to invest in the construction of amide and nylon new material project (300000 tons / year), with an investment amount of 4.98 billion yuan and a construction period of 30 months. After the project is completed and put into operation, it can produce 300000 tons of caprolactam (including 200000 tons for self use), 200000 tons of formic acid, 200000 tons of nylon 6 chips, 480000 tons of ammonium sulfate, etc. It is estimated that the annual average operating revenue is 5.613 billion yuan and the total profit is 446 million yuan. It will further expand the industrial chain of the company, optimize the product structure, and improve the profitability of the enterprise, with significant economic and social benefits.
The total investment of refined adipic acid quality improvement project is estimated to be 1.572 billion yuan. The construction funds of the project are solved by the company's own funds and bank loans, and the construction period is 24 months. After the project is completed and put into operation, it is estimated that the annual average operating revenue is 1.986 billion yuan and the total profit is 296 million yuan, which will further improve the product quality, improve the profitability of the enterprise, and achieve remarkable economic and social benefits.
1. The pilot project of China Science and Technology Co., Ltd. for the synthesis of DMF from green carbon and carbon dioxide: Shandong Zhongke Green Carbon Technology Co., Ltd., located in the Xuecheng Chemical Industrial Park of Zaozhuang City, was successfully used for carbon dioxide resource utilization jointly by Shanghai Institute of organic chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shandong weijiao group. The pilot project of synthesizing DMF with a purity of more than 99.5% was successfully produced. The pilot plant will be used as the "culprit" of greenhouse effect, and realize industrial application in the field of formylation for the first time as a resource.
In this project, a complete set of technology for DMF synthesis from CO2 resource utilization developed jointly by Shanghai Institute of organic chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shandong weijiao group is used to produce DMF with CO2, hydrogen and dimethylamine as raw materials. The researchers have developed a new catalyst system, complete set of new technologies and new equipment for catalytic conversion of carbon dioxide to DMF, and built a 1000 t / a pilot plant, which has been running stably for more than 1200 hours. The results of 72 hour assessment organized by China Petrochemical Federation show that: the operation is stable, the purity of the product is higher than 99.5%, the selectivity is more than 99.97%, the one-way conversion rate is higher than 59%, and the consumption of catalyst per ton of product is less than 0.65g, dimethylamine 640.42kg, hydrogen 320.1 standard square and carbon dioxide 331.7 standard square.
The completion of the world's first 1000 ton pilot plant has opened up a new way for the resource utilization of carbon dioxide. Compared with the current industrial technology using carbon monoxide as raw material, the new process has lower raw material cost and rich sources, and the emission of three wastes is greatly reduced. As the new process uses carbon dioxide and hydrogen as raw materials, it can not only improve the utilization of carbon dioxide and hydrogen, but also improve the utilization of carbon dioxide In order to produce significant economic benefits, it will also reduce carbon dioxide emissions and increase an option to extend the industrial chain and improve competitiveness.